Our Volunteer Program is under re-design: 4/30/13
In the meantime we encourage you to help with Bike Counts, Attend Civic Meetings in support of biking, Ride the National Bike Challenge and volunteer to help patrol the trails.
Civic Meetings are on our sidebar calendar.
You are the pedaling revolution. You are the force that makes it possible for Consider Biking to fulfill its mission – to get more people bicycling in Central Ohio
Join the growing number of Consider Biking volunteers that is feeling immense personal satisfaction by changing our community and changing individual lives through the power of the pedal. We have immediate, important positions open for volunteers that give you the opportunity to have big impact.
Contact Bryan at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 614-447-8894 to volunteer!
The GOALS of Consider Biking:
- Central Ohio is recognized for its world class regional bicycle network that provides infrastructure, education, safety, comfort and convenience for all bicyclists.
- Consider Biking is the primary information resource for bicyclists in Central Ohio.
- Consider biking has the credibility and knowledge to advise and influence decision makers in matters related to bicycling.
- Consider Biking attracts 2,500 new individual members and 250 business members to the organization over the next three years.
- Consider biking sustains the organization with adequate staffing, new partnerships, sound management and development of volunteer leaders, members and funds.
Would you like to lend your time and talents to help us achieve these goals?
(updated February 2012)
Connect the Core Campaign for Bike Lanes in Downtown Columbus
· Unlimited number of volunteers needed to distribute and collect hard copy petitions at sites around Columbus.
· Several volunteers needed to work events to gather petition signatures.
· Unlimited number of volunteers needed to use online social networking to push folks to our online petition at http://bit.ly/connectcore.
· Two volunteers needed to enter data.
· Two additional volunteers needed coordinate the campaign.
Be a Star! Bike Safety Video Production
We need about a 10-20 volunteers to be on camera in our bike safety video series. Shooting begins in March!
Columbus Safe Routes to School Program
25 volunteers are needed to make walking and biking to school easier and safer! Volunteer to be a 2012 Walking School Bus Driver or a Bike Train Conductor.
Ride of Silence Organizers
Several volunteers are needed immediately to plan and coordinate the May 16 Ride of Silence.
CEO Challenge Ride
Several volunteers are needed to plan and coordinate the June CEO Challenge ride.
Bicycle Safety Educators
An unlimited number of volunteers are needed to conduct our 2 BY 2012 bike safety programs and Cbus Bike Bus rides. Training and certification are provided free of charge!
Columbus Bike Festival
· Immediate needs for two volunteers to enter data.
· Several volunteers needed to plan and coordinate the event.
· Dozens of volunteers are needed to help run the event July 13-15.
We need 2-4 volunteers to help coordinate and administer our membership campaigns and data.
We need several volunteers to help us at events and speaking engagements to promote the power of the pedal! Next event: March 7. Email email@example.com for details.
Last but not least, our volunteer programs are blooming and need a committed volunteer to tend them. This is a critical need that calls out for a passionate volunteer.
Greenways Trail Volunteer (Not a Consider Biking Program)
If you enjoy running, biking or walking on the Metro Parks Greenway Trails and you would like to help make a difference, consider becoming a Greenway Trail Volunteer. Learn More on the Metro Parks Greenway Website
Meetups are at Consider Biking HQ (unless noted otherwise):
Consider Biking HQ
4041 N. High St.
Suite 201 (High St Level)
Columbus, OH 43214
On High St at Glenmont Ave.
Bikes welcome, bring them in the lobby or CB office
(COTA #2 and #21)
Car parking is free and plentiful