Connect the Core Page
See all the latest news on the "Connect the Core" Posts
Do you want Downtown Bike Lanes?
Please get involved with our Connect the Core campaign!
We seek the accelerated placement of 12+ miles of bike lanes and/or cycle tracks as identified in the Bicentennial Bikeways Plan which was approved by Columbus City Council in May, 2008.
- Columbus is the 2nd largest city in the U.S that has no bike lanes in its downtown!
- Please note that 60% of U.S. citizens have identified themselves as "interested in bicycling, but concerned." Bike Lanes and cycle tracks provide a "dedicated space" on the road that has been proven to increase bicycle ridership on our roads.
- And, with increased bicycle ridership on our roads (as a result of hard infrastructure – bike lanes and cycle tracks) cities across the U.S. have documented an increase in safety for ALL road users (motor vehicles, bicyclists and pedestrians!)
For more compelling facts – see our Connect the Core Fact Sheet
This image is taken from the Columbus Bicentennial Bikeways Plan (2008) and identifies the downtown streets targeted for bike lanes.
How much would all those bike lanes cost? Under $150,000??!!
Get Involved! Sign and Share the Petition
Connect the Core Petition
Complete Streets = Safe Streets for everybody
Yes! I believe we can make our downtown Columbus roads safer for all users. I want Columbus to add bike lanes to key downtown streets by the end of 2012 to make our roads safer and our community more livable, vibrant, and economically competitive.
Connect the Core on the Social Web:
Connect the Core Meetups are listed in 2 places:
- On the Consider Biking Calendar www.considerbiking.org/get-involved/calendar/
- On our facebook events www.facebook.com/considerbiking?sk=events
Check the "Connect the Core" category for the archive of posts: http://www.considerbiking.org/category/connect-the-core/
Meetups are Held At:
4041 N. High St. #201
Columbus, OH 43214
(in Clintonville at Glenmont and High)
2- Jan 19 Facebook Event: http://www.facebook.com/events/192122844217005/