Mission Our mission is to get more people bicycling in Central Ohio.
Vision The joy of bicycling is experienced by all, and integrated into our environment.
Values Bicycling, walking and active transportation improve quality of life by:
* Enhancing physical and mental health, protecting the environment,
* Encouraging energy efficiency,
* Supporting economic development,
* Creating safer communities,
* Increasing social cohesiveness,
* Fostering independence,
* Contributing to a culture of inclusiveness, empowerment and fun.
1. Central Ohio is recognized for its world class regional bicycle network that provides infrastructure, education, safety, comfort and convenience for all bicyclists.
2. Consider Biking is the primary information resource for bicyclists in Central Ohio.
3. Consider biking has the credibility and knowledge to advise and influence decision makers in matters related to bicycling.
4. Consider Biking attracts 2,500 new individual members and 250 business members to the organization over the next three years.
5. Consider biking sustains the organization with adequate staffing, new partnerships, sound management and development of volunteer leaders, members and funds.
Adopted April 13, 2009
Executive Director's Statement World class communities have world class accommodations for moving people by means other than a car. The central Ohio community needs the efforts of an organization like Consider Biking at this time. Given our citizen's concern for health and sustainability, and the rising cost of operating a motor vehicle, the environment for our growth and success is ripe. In fact, there are over 130 bicycle advocacy organizations across the U.S. that Consider Biking can use as models. The momentum we've generated as a trusted resource for objective information, has drawn many to our cause of making Central Ohio more friendly for bicyclists. Our overarching goal is to increase the number of cyclists on the road. We strive to increase the mode share for bicycles by increasing the number of trips made by bicycle to workplace, shopping, errands, and for recreation. We are especially keen to increase the number of children that ride a bicycle to school and other activities. Of course we seek to increase the safety of bicyclists via developing comprehensive bicycling networks and complimentary education and encouragement programs. We seek to implement unified policies across all jurisdictions in the region and increase partnerships and stakeholders to develop and leverage the resources necessary to effectively carry out our mission. Lastly, we seek to increase the sustainability of the organization via sound management practices and development of volunteer leadership, membership, and funding sources.